Standard Spreadsheet & Data Definitions
The IPS Grow Standard Spreadsheet has been designed in partnership with providers, commissioners and national stakeholders to cut down what is being collected to focus only on information that is used for decision-making and to drive consistency in data collection in the IPS sector. This is the recommended method for IPS services to record client information for reporting purposes.
You can download the IPS Standard Spreadsheet below, and use it in conjunction with the IPS Reporting Tool to create reports and monitor your team’s performance. More details on adopting the IPS Grow Standard Spreadsheet or adjusting your existing spreadsheet can be found in the Guidance Document and the FAQs below.
Download the latest Standard Spreadsheet below:
Download the Spreadsheet Guidance below:
KPIs & Outcomes Framework
IPS Grow have developed an IPS key performance and outcomes framework to provide high level guidance and recommended key performance indicators (KPIs) and outcomes for new and mature services. It is intended that these guidelines should inform discussions with Commissioners and IPS teams.
Contract KPIs and targets set by commissioners may vary from these based on local need and variation. The guidelines also include recommendations around measuring job retention outcomes.
If you are planning to use the IPS Grow Reporting Tool, we recommend using the IPS Grow Standard Spreadsheet, but it is possible to upload any other spreadsheet providing that:
- The headings you want the Tool to read match the IPS Grow Standard Spreadsheet. It does not have to be in the same order, but the headings must have the exact same wording.
- The header row with the titles of all the columns occurs within the first 10 rows of the sheet.
- The information is contained within 1 tab.
- There is only one row per client.
Should I copy my data to the IPS Grow Standard Spreadsheet or should I adapt my own spreadsheet(s)?
This is not a question with a straightforward answer. We generally recommend you copy your data into the Standard Spreadsheet, but the best route for you depends on your specific situation:
Using the IPS Grow Standard Spreadsheet is recommended because:
- It has been designed in partnership with IPS providers and Commissioners to contain datapoints that are relevant to IPS and useful in aiding decision making.
- It contains the correct column headings and dropdown options, so it is ready to use with the IPS Grow Reporting Tool.
- It includes data validation (rules that prevent you from entering text into columns that require a date or a number). This will minimise the amount of data cleaning you will need to do, especially if each employment specialist inputs their own information into your master spreadsheet(s).
- It has a useful “duplicates check” that you can use to check that you have not listed the same client more than once.
- It is customisable, so you can add your own extra columns.
Adapting your own spreadsheet might be the better option if you meet three or more of these criteria:
- You have data on a lot of clients.
- You have formulas within your Excel which you don’t want to rebuild into the standard spreadsheet.
- You collect much more data than the IPS Grow Standard Spreadsheet and you want to keep doing so.
- Your data is contained within one spreadsheet – adapting many spreadsheets is time-consuming and multiplies the risk of errors.
- You are relatively comfortable with Excel and know how to create / edit dropdown lists, validate data and protect cells (or can follow instructions to do so without too much difficulty).
If you have adapted your own spreadsheet to be compatible with the Reporting Tool, but it is not working, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you need help deciding which option is best for you, please contact your IPS Grow Lead for your region.
IPS Reporting Tool
For IPS service to report and monitor team performance there is an IPS Reporting Tool