Director – IPS Grow
London | Social Finance
Deadline: 10th August 2022
We are looking for a Director to lead IPS Grow, a large-scale programme that is helping to dramatically scale up high-quality employment services for people with severe and enduring mental ill health, people accessing drug and alcohol treatment services as well as building on the health led trials which will result in more services in primary care.
The programme is currently undergoing a significant expansion to allow us to support the growth in IPS services around England. This will take the team from 12 to 21 people with the budget rising from around £1 million to £2 million per year.
The Director of IPS Grow will be part of the Senior Leadership group within Social Finance. They will report to the Team Head for Health and Work and will have full responsibility for the IPS Grow team, the effective delivery of the IPS Grow programme, and the achievement of our wider impact goals around the IPS model.
The Director will also lead on our reporting to, and relationship with, the Health and Employment Partnerships advisory board.
- Taking overall responsibility for delivering against the IPS Grow contract requirements and Key Performance Indicators. Works with the Operations Manager and Business Manager to ensure contract reporting is high quality and meets deadlines.
- Providing oversight for the c. £2 million annual IPS Grow budget, with technical support from the Operations Manager and Business Manager.
- Building strong relationships with contract managers and other senior stakeholders in NHS England and Improvement, DWP, and the Office of Health Improvement and Disparities.
- Identifying opportunities to build on the IPS Grow core programme to deliver further impact for the IPS community, for example through additional workforce development efforts or through other initiatives.
- Acting as ambassador for Social Finance and the IPS model in national and international forums and with policymakers, clinical leaders, and other key actors with support from the Director of HEP Operations.
- Supporting delivery of the NHS Long Term Plan targets for access to IPS for people with severe mental illness and OHID’s ambitions for increasing access to IPS for people in drug and alcohol treatment services– for example, by playing a leading role in the NHS Long Term Plan Working Group for IPS.
- Playing an active and leading role in the UK and Ireland IPS Expert Forum.
You might come from a private, public, or social sector background – ideally, you have spent time in more than one sector.
You’re not expected to arrive with a complete skillset. Most importantly, you will be excited about the opportunity to lead and learn.