Employment and Training Consultant (x2 vacancies)
Mersyside | Recovery Works
Deadline: 7th October 2021
Work as part of a team to co-ordinate and deliver advice, guidance and training interventions that meet the needs of customers in treatment services in order to support the achievement of skills (including certification) and progression to employment, training and education.
We have two new vacancies for Employment and Training Consultants (ETC), joining our Recovery Works services within our wider Employment teams to deliver supported guidance and interventions leading to sustained employment to people in community treatment for substance use, who may be affected by other health conditions or disabilities, using the Individual Placement and Support approach (IPS).
- Work as part of a team to co-ordinate and deliver advice, guidance and training interventions that meet the needs of customers in treatment services in order to support the achievement of skills (including certification) and progression to employment, training and education.
- Establish and deliver both one to one and group activities as part of customer interventions (including initial assessments, inductions and job search sessions).
- Contribute to making contact and establishing relationships with new customers and assist them to understand the benefits of Growth Company’s’ services and to ensure customers are always made aware of their JSA or ESA agreement when attending appointments.
- Deliver one to one interventions at induction and assessment and subsequent follow up appointments.
- Identify individual learning needs.
- Plan training and other interventions for each client.
- Develop interaction with clients.
- Enable customers to access and use information.
- Record discussions and training sessions and co-ordinate further activity with client.
- Provide support for the client in implementing future courses of action.
- Deliver further interventions with client as required, assisting clients to decide on options for meeting their needs and provide support for clients in planning a course of action.
- Prepare and develop resources to support learning.
- Facilitate learning in groups that improves employability and progression through presentations and activities.
- Job–match and job-broker into employment opportunities.
- Networking, marketing and promotion of service to partner organisations and customers.
- Carry out associated administration work including report writing, collecting and analysing management information, evaluating service delivery and audit and review of records.
- Participate in other activities that support the work of the team and Work Solutions.
- Knowledge in relation to the issues affecting people in recovery from alcohol and drug addiction.
- Treatment and health providers, National Probation Services, HM Prison, Public Health England, environments of training, education & employment opportunities locally & nationally and of training and guidance National Standards and techniques.
- A warm, approachable empathetic style and the ability to establish a rapport and build relationships with customers in recovery from alcohol or drug addiction.
- NVQ level 4 in Advice & Guidance, or equivalent and be willing to work towards appropriate qualifications as required.
- Strong interpersonal, communication and negotiating skills.
- Ability to work in a target driven environment, with a focus on the successful achievement of outcomes for customers in treatment.
- High level guidance skills, with the ability to deliver one-to-one and group sessions to at least Grade 2 standard.
- Working with customers in treatment for substance misuse and/ or disaffected and marginalized from mainstream services, training, guidance, advice & counselling environments.