We are a Health & Social Care NHS Foundation Trust providing a range of diverse services including: generic & specialist mental health care; services for people with learning disability; drug & alcohol services; Improving Access to Psychological Therapies (IAPT); GP Primary Care services; dementia care services; and community based services for those with long term neurological conditions. We promote emotional health and well being through the provision of accessible high quality modern services designed around the needs of our local population.
Our culture is founded upon effective partnership working and close working relationships with staff, service users and their families/carers. We strive to deliver consistently high quality care through our high performing, dedicated & skilful workforce which you could now become a part of. Our values are fundamental to ensuring people are at the heart of everything we do, our values are Respect, Compassion, Partnership. Accountability, Fairness and Ambition.
An exciting opportunity has arisen, to join Sheffield Health and Social Care NHS Foundation Trust (SHSC) as an Individual Placement and Support Employment Specialist.
In 2019 South Yorkshire and Bassetlaw Integrated Care System (SYB ICS), successfully bid to NHSE for increased funding for the development and expansion of mental health employment support utilising the evidence based employment approach Individual Placement and Support (IPS).
As an IPS Employment Specialist you will be working with people who have a severe mental illness and support them into competitive employment and then enabling them to retain that employment.
- To manage individual caseload of people who have experienced mental health problems that want to access employment opportunities and want to return to work.
- To prepare individuals for employment by assessing their specific employment needs through vocational profiling under supervision of the team leader.
- To assess individuals work related support needs.
- To meet regularly with care co-ordinators to coordinate and integrate vocational services into mental health services.
- To provide personalised ongoing support to individuals once they have secured employment and to assist then in sustaining their employment.
- To proactively engage and work with employers to open up and secure employment opportunities for people who have experienced mental health problems.
- To provide support for the employer.
- To review employment with service users and the employer.
- To provide education and support to the employer as agreed with the individual. This may include negotiating adjustments and maintaining ongoing contact with the employer.
- To develop relationships with other organisations that support people to achieve their employment goals
- To prioritise, monitor and administer own caseload and ensure an appropriately balanced workload in conjunction with the team leader.
- Educated to degree level/equivalent.
- Experience of delivering coaching or motivational interview and/or qualification.
- Experience with health or social services or the voluntary sector, working with people who have experienced mental health problems and related employment difficulties.
- An understanding of the employment needs and difficulties of people who experience mental health problems and related barriers to employment.
- An understanding of the Principles and practice of Individual Placement and Support.
- An understanding of Employer engagement and strategies.
- Understanding of Recovery principles.
- A working knowledge of Human Resources good practice and Employment legislation in relation to supporting people with mental health needs in the work place.