We’re proud to be only one of two specialist Mental Health Trusts in England rated Outstanding by the CQC.
And we are not stopping there.
Our aim is to be Outstanding in ALL we do and HOW we do it.
And that’s OUR aim for YOU.
Due to service developments, we have an exciting opportunity for a member of staff to join the Individual Placement and Support team - Step On - as an Employment Specialist working across North Staffordshire.
The Individual Placement and Support Team support service users into paid competitive employment following a vocational assessment that captures personal hopes and aspirations.
The role will include engaging potential employers and other partners like Job Centre Plus to support the individual into work and build a network of support.
If you have experience in working within mental health services and have excellent communication skills, are person centred and have recovery values at your core then we are looking for someone like you. Experience of working with veterans is desirable but not essential.
Please note that the role will require you to travel to appointments across North Staffordshire within your working day therefore access to reliable transportation is essential.
- To effectively manage a caseload of twenty people in receipt of Services, in order to facilitate
individuals to gain and retain paid employment and/or engage in Higher Education.
- To receive complex and sensitive information in the form of referrals from Care Coordinators, to meet regularly with Case Managers to co-ordinate and integrate vocational services into mental health treatment.
- To communicate effectively with clients, giving empathy when disclosing sensitive or contentious information, providing reassurance, training and the motivation to move forward and to overcome any barriers to understanding.
- Understanding of a range of work procedures and practises following the Centre for Mental Health’s intensive IPS Training course, Motivational Interviewing training and benefits advice programme.
- To keep updated on changing practice within vocational rehabilitation.
- To provide education, information and advice to employers as agreed with the individual, which includes negotiating reasonable adjustments and ongoing contact with employers to ensure job retention.
- Using skills of assessment to make judgements, involving facts or situations; completing
documentation including Vocational Profiles and individual action plans in order to assess individual support needs. (Help with benefits, travel to work, and managing client’s mental health at work.)
- Educated or relevant work experience to NVQ Level 3 or equivalent.
- Trained in IPS or willingness to train to diploma level.
- Significant experience of working with people who have experienced mental health problems within health, social services.
- An understanding of the employment needs and difficulties of people who experience mental health problems.
- Experience of helping people to obtain or keep education / work.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, able to engage service users, their families/friends. Good facilitation skills.
- Good presentation skills.
- Good marketing skills
The above list of responsibilities and personal criteria is not exhaustive please see the job description and personal specification for more detail.