Various across South Yorkshire and North Notts | South Yorkshire Housing Association
Deadline: 4th July 2022
SYHA has secured funding to deliver various supported employment programmes funded by the National Lottery Community Fund and European Social Fund. Employment Programs across the region with one main aim “Place then Train”. All our programs are based on individual placement support that has shown to be twice as effective as traditional approaches.
These programs will involve working in an integrated way with health and employment partners, including GPs, social prescribing, IAPT and Musculoskeletal services, physios and pain clinics and employers. Also, local Housing Associations and other Community Organisations and Trusts as well as local JCP sites.
We have an exciting opportunity for individuals to join our Good Work Team as community based Employment Specialists. You will provide individual support to customers faced with barriers into employment, using a strength based approach to gain sustainable paid work.
You will feel comfortable working from a base within the South Yorkshire and Bassetlaw area, and across different projects in a fast paced environment. We get to work quickly, and you will too.
- Use strengths-based coaching with customers with health conditions and any other barriers into work to enable them to secure and sustain employment.
- Build relationships with employers to understand their recruitment needs in order to source individualised employment opportunities for our customers.
- Work with employers to support their employees who are struggling due to their condition to thrive in the workplace.
- Work with health partners to provide an integrated, holistic employment service.
- Coach customers in important work skills and provide up to 13 weeks of in-work support to sustain outcomes.
- Motivate customers, to ensure continual engagement and to ensure that customers are equipped with the necessary skills and knowledge to move into sustainable employment.
- Be committed to equality and diversity.
- Be able to support customers in a strength based, solution focused way.
- Experienced in managing difficult situations/problem solving is essential.
- Ability to adjust plans depending on customer needs is also essential.
- You will need to have excellent IT skills (Microsoft Office/Office 365 and Customer Databases) and be able to record information accurately.
- Have a strong proven background in Coaching and Motivational Interviewing to achieve our ambitious outcome targets.