Elmbridge | Richmond Fellowship
Fixed term contract
Deadline: 1st September 2022
Working in collaboration with mental health teams (CMHRS) to identify client aspirations through building positive relationships with local organisations / employers by providing person-centered advice and guidance to clients to enable them to move into suitable and sustainable work.
Day to day, you’ll offer support, careers advice and guidance, helping people to set their own recovery and employment focused goals and provide training in personal and skills development such as CV preparation, interview techniques etc.
You’ll also be responsible for establishing and maintaining positive links with community mental health teams (CMHRS), partner organisations, local employers and other relevant agencies promoting the service model and highlighting the importance of employment AS a recovery tool.
- Working to an Employment model as an embedded team member within clinical teams to encourage referrals to the service promoting employment opportunities as a positive intervention in a client’s recovery.
- Meeting with clients in community settings to develop an individual client profile to assist with career choice and planning including job search, CV preparation, interview techniques and career development.
- To provide support with benefits / welfare advice, disclosure of addiction / physical health issues etc.
- To actively engage with local Employers to explore hidden as well as advertised employment opportunities, and to identify potential client candidates for opportunities in the competitive marketplace.
- Provide ongoing in-work support for clients (and employers where needed) to help to sustain employment once this has commenced.
- Empathy with the needs of those who might be disadvantage in society.
- Ability to travel in the local area with own transport.
- Ability to occasionally work outside of office hours.
- Outcome, solution, and task focused.
- Ability to motivate and engage.