Employment Support Specialist
Leicestershire | Leicestershire Partnership Trust
Deadline: 12th July 2022
Leicestershire Partnership NHS Trust (LPT) provides a range of community health, mental health and learning disability services for people of all ages. Delivered through over 100 settings from inpatient wards to out in the community, our 6,500 staff serves over 1 million people living in Leicester, Leicestershire and Rutland.
The principle aim of the Employment Specialist is to ensure that service users receive timely access to suitable employment support, whilst they simultaneously receive appropriate psychological therapeutic interventions.
The integrated Employment Support service promotes the link between being in work and achieving improved health outcomes.
- To meet and exceed job outcome targets for service users and improve the numbers of people entering and sustaining employment.
- Establish and maintain contacts with local employers, promoting employment of clients to the service, in line with the NHS England national model standards and targets.
- Responsible for securing and negotiating appropriate reasonable adjustments in accordance to client needs and in line with the provisions of the Equality Act 2010.
- The Employment Service Specialist will be led by and focused on the aspirations of the service user, and will be required to assess and consider strengths, difficulties and employment assets through profiling and action planning.
- To focus on rapid job search with the service user, whilst utilising local support networks to help them overcome their barriers to employment and make use of volunteering and learning opportunities.
- To source job opportunities for service users through tailored job search in order to meet their individual needs.
- Training and experience to degree level /equivalent in employment /health.
- Full and current driving licence (for rural and remote regions).
- Training in IPS approach or willingness to undertake this.