Routes employment service is funded by Norfolk & Waveney CCG and our team is fully integrated within the CMHT (Community Mental Health Teams) and exists to support people with severe mental illness into paid employment as part of their recovery.
Working as part of the Norfolk and Waveney Mind Routes Employment Service Team to
deliver a high quality, supportive and positive offer to those with moderate to severe
mental health. Through the building of outstanding relationships with clients, employers
and clinical teams you will help people achieve their employment aspirations and gain paid
employment, assisting them with their ongoing recovery from mental health conditions.
- To manage a caseload of 20-25 clients who have experienced moderate, severe and longer term ill health and who wish to gain paid employment, using evidence based interventions.
- Working on a caseload including some more challenging clients.
- Deputise for Team Leaders as and when required.
- Support, assist and offer mentoring for new staff undergoing the induction and training process .
- Assisting and mentoring Employment Support Advisors with caseload reviews in conjunction with Team Leaders as and when appropriate.
- Lead on employer engagement activity and contribute to a shared employer database resource with other NWM services.
- Involvement in selected key service development projects as agreed with Team Leaders or the Service Manager.
- To ensure that work is led by and focused on the aspirations of the person accessing support. Considering strengths, difficulties and employment assets in order to offer the most effective support.
- Conduct vocational assessments, discussing job goals and any concerns regarding capacity for work.
- Signpost to other relevant specialist support particularly with complex barriers.
- Collaborative production of employment action plans with clients.
- Educated to NVQ Level 3 or equivalent.
- UK Driving Licence (max 6 points).
- Knowledge of the IPS model.
- Knowledge of secondary/primary health care services.
- Understanding of job applications, personal statements, writing CVs and interview techniques.
The above list of responsibilities and personal criteria is not exhaustive please see the job description and personal specification for more detail.