Recovery Focus is a national group of charities highly experienced in providing specialist support services to individuals and families living with the effects of mental ill health, drug and alcohol use, gambling and domestic violence. We know that recovery can look and feel very different to each and every one of us. But we also know that if we provide the right support, at the right time, we can inspire recovery nationwide and that recovery is possible for everyone.
Right now, one of our partners, Richmond Fellowship, is looking for an IPS Employment Specialist to join our team in Bristol. We help individuals with mental health problems to find paid employment. We also support people to retain their employment when they are struggling at work due to their mental health. We also advise and support employers about mental health in the workplace. But, it’s only possible with the help of people like you.
Your challenge? To do everything you can to help the individuals we work with to source appropriate work experience placements with local organisations /employers. Day to day, you’ll offer support, careers advice and guidance, helping people to set their own recovery and employment focused goals and provide training in personal and skills development such as CV preparation, interview techniques etc. You’ll also be responsible for establishing and maintaining positive links with partner organisations, local employers and Mental Health teams and have the initiative to develop and promote the service. Additionally, you will have responsibility for maintaining efficient admin systems to ensure referrals, assessments and reviews are completed in a timely manner.
- Working to a high fidelity IPS model as an embedded team member with Wiltshire, Swindon or BaNES clinical teams to engage with clinicians to encourage referrals to the IPS service promoting employment opportunities as a positive intervention in a client’s recovery.
- Meeting with clients in community settings to develop an individual client profile to assist with career choice and planning including job search, CV preparation, interview techniques and career development.
- To provide support with benefits / welfare advice, disclosure of mental / physical health issues etc.
- To actively engage with local Employers to explore hidden as well as advertised employment opportunities, and to identify potential client candidates for opportunities in the competitive market place.
- Provide ongoing in-work support for clients (and employers where needed) to help to sustain employment once this has commenced.
- Arrange regular meetings with clients to monitor and review progress pre and post employment.
- Experience of working to integrate disadvantaged or disabled people into the labour market.
- Experience of working in business/industry and/or education.
- Experience and competence in computer record keeping/database - self sufficient in admin.
- Experience / Understanding of working with people with mental health problems in either a paid or unpaid capacity.
- Experience/ good understanding of the IPS model and Fidelity.
The above list of responsibilities and personal criteria is not exhaustive please see the job description and personal specification for more detail.