AVision for Empowerment is a rapidly growing Community Interest Company that is the driving force for the empowerment and development of individuals towards personal and professional achievement.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced IPS Employment Specialist who is willing to work with people who have a history of offending and complex care needs and support them into employment and self employment. This exciting project provides an excellent service to project participants, their families, and the wider community. The ideal candidate will have mentoring/coaching ability with a vibrant motivational nature that has the resilience as well as passion to inspire change with those that are deemed the hardest to reach.
- Deliver 1-2-1 Individual Placement and Support session (IPS).
- To strategise with team to execute a robust employment engagement initiative that is individualised to the needs of each employer and client needs
- Adhere to the 8 IPS key principles
- To monitor performance and initiate and maintain high fidelity
- Regularly meet clients to understand their needs, barriers, key skills, aspirations, and goals through completing a Vocational Profiling tool.
- Support job search, CV production, application forms, interview techniques, and career development.
- Assess and address client’s support needs including benefits advice (Better Off Calculation), disclosure, and provide support and guidance.
- Facilitate group interventions, where appropriate, to deliver key training messages whilst fostering a peer-support environment.
- Source job opportunities for clients through tailored job search and regular contact with trusted employers.
- Provide education and guidance to employers, as agreed with the client, which may include negotiating adjustments, a return to work strategy and on-going contact with the employer to ensure job retention.
- Build relationships with colleagues and referral partners to engage and generate referrals and to create collaborative working partnerships.
- Deliver ‘professional behaviours’ training, teaching clients how to manage conflict, how to ‘respond rather than react’ and manage working relationships.
- Provide In-work support to clients and employers to help sustain employment.
- To use own creativity and initiative to engage those that are deemed the hardest to reach.
- To engage learners of all learning styles including visual, auditory and kinaesthetic.
- To plan, organise, prepare and deliver training sessions and assess as required.
- To promote high quality training in accordance with AVision for Empowerment CIC.
- To understand the learning needs and challenges of working with offenders and be able to develop and deliver our programme which is compliant with best practice and meets quality targets while creating engaging, motivational training or one to one sessions
- An understanding of the principles and practice of the Individual Placement and Support Model
- Relevant experience in coaching/mentoring/teaching and facilitating groups preferably within the third sector.
- A degree in a relevant area or Equivalent experience in employment advice or mental health or a Level 3 qualification in Information and Guidance.
- Preferably with an award in Education and Training (formerly known as PTLLS)
- Coaching or other training qualifications will also be considered.
- Experience of supporting people into vocational/employment activities
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience of working with young people with convictions and those with complex needs
- Experience of teaching self-empowerment or personal development material
- Recent, relevant experience in third sector
- Practical experience of workshop/programme management
- Excellent organisational skills
- Ability to manage own time and use your own initiative to complete tasks.
- Creative and Imaginative approach to lesson delivery
- Able to motivate self and others
- Problem solving skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Able to work as team
- Able to be flexible and efficient, maintain the highest professional standards and able to promote and implement workshops lessons.
- Positive can-do attitude
- Good sense of humour
- Strong sense of presence in a classroom setting
- Enthusiastic, inspirational and objective-oriented presentation style
- Passion for helping those who are disengaged, understands the connection between self-empowerment and a better life
AVision for Empowerment is committed to promoting the safety and welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and this is a responsibility of all staff.
All positions require a DBS check
To apply for this role: Please send your CV via email to Lorraine Lewis - email@example.com
Subject Line: IPS Employment Specialist
By: 27th November 2020