IPS Employment Specialists
Chelmsford, Basildon, Homebased | Open road
Deadline: 21st September 2021
Sorry, the application deadline for this job has passed.
Do you understand the importance of work and the vital role it can play in the lives of those with health conditions or disabilities?
Do you take pride in what you do and can you think creatively about how different organisations can work together to deliver a better service?
Are you happy to talk with employers and help match people into meaningful work?
Open Road’s IPS team aims to increase the number of people moving into employment from specialist community health services.
Working as a team, the IPS Employment Specialists will deliver supported employment to people in community treatment for substance misuse, who may be affected by other health conditions or disabilities, using the Individual Placement and Support approach (IPS).
The aim is to help people into paid work in a way that respects their preferences and choices.
- Deliver the Individual Placement and Support (IPS) approach.
- Meet and support clients to understand their key skills, aspirations and goals through completing a Vocational Profile and produce an Action Plan to help them obtain and sustain competitive employment. This includes support with their job search, CV production, application forms, interview techniques and career development.
- Assess client support needs related to work which may include benefits/welfare advice, disclosure of mental health symptoms etc. and provide support & guidance.
- Attend weekly clinical team meetings as an embedded IPS practitioner.
- Source job opportunities for clients through tailored job search and regular contact with local employers to explore hidden as well as advertised employment opportunities.
- Provide education and support to employers, as agreed with the individual, which may include negotiating adjustments, return to work strategy and on-going contact with the employer to ensure job retention.
- To have a degree and/or professional qualification in management or the equivalent skills/experience.
- Trained in IPS approach.
- Experience of working with someone on a one-to-one basis.
The above list is not exhaustive, please see the job description and person specification for further details.