IPS Employment Specialist (x2)
Birchcroft, Ashton | Groundwork Manchester
Deadline: 15th October 2021
Sorry, the application deadline for this job has passed.
Do you understand the importance of work and the vital role it can play in the lives of those with heath conditions or disabilities?
Do you take pride in what you do and can you think creatively about how different organisations can work together to deliver a better service?
Are you happy to talk with employers and help match people into meaningful work?
x2 roles available.
Working in partnership with Turning Point, Groundwork’s IPS team aims to increase the number of people moving into, and then sustaining employment from the community drug and alcohol treatment service in Oldham and Rochdale.
This will be through individual support to clients and negotiating and supporting employers to offer work to people recovering from substance misuse problems.
- Manage a caseload of around 25 clients in structured treatment for substance use who are motivated to start/return to work.
- Deliver the Individual Placement and Support (IPS) approach for which training will be given.
- Meet and support clients to understand their key skills, aspirations and goals through completing a Vocational Profile and produce an Action Plan to help them obtain and sustain competitive employment. This includes support with their job search, CV production, application forms, interview techniques and career development.
- Assess client support needs related to work which may include benefits/welfare advice, disclosure of mental health symptoms etc., and provide support & guidance.
- Attend weekly clinical team meetings as an embedded IPS practitioner.
- Source job opportunities for clients through tailored job search and regular contact with local employers to explore hidden as well as advertised employment opportunities.
- Educated to a degree level or equivalent experience.
- Trained in IPS approach.
- Level 3 Diploma in Employability Services Sector Qualification.
- QCF in Advice & Guidance (Level 3).
The above list is not exhaustive, please see the job description and person specification for further details.