IPS Senior Employment Specialist
Birchcroft, Ashton | Groundwork Manchester
Deadline: 15th October 2021
Do you understand the importance of work and the vital role it can play in the lives of those with heath conditions or disabilities?
Do you take pride in what you do and can you think creatively about how different organisations can work together to deliver a better service?
Are you happy to talk with employers and help match people into meaningful work?
Working in partnership with Turning Point, Groundwork’s IPS team aims to increase the number of people moving into, and then sustaining employment from the community drug and alcohol treatment service in Oldham and Rochdale. This will be through individual support to clients and negotiating and supporting employers to offer work to people recovering from substance misuse problems.
- Effectively manage a high-quality service that adheres to the principles of IPS best practice.
- Monitor and manage performance of the IPS Employment Specialists – guide them individually on best practice and achieving individual and team job outcome targets.
- Create a culture of continuous improvement.
- Identify training needs of staff and arrange appropriate training to support with continuous professional development.
- Support the design and delivery of in-house staff training and development (including facilitating peer learning and best practice).
- Involve clients in co-production of service developments where possible.
- Coordinate the work of Employment Specialists in relation to building relationships with employers to effectively access the hidden labour market, external agencies and delivery of job seeking groups.
- 2+ years’ experience of working with people with substance use support needs, or a similar group within health, social services or the voluntary sector.
- Proven experience of meeting and exceeding outcomes and targets.
- Strong networking abilities.
- Experience of managing multiple tasks at any one time.
The above list is not exhaustive, please see the job description and person specification for further details.