Lead Employment and Training Consultant
Mersyside | Recovery Works
Deadline: 7th October 2021
The Growth Company have a new vacancy for a Lead Employment and Training Consultant (ETC). Joining our Recovery Works services within their wider Employment teams to deliver supported guidance and interventions leading to sustained employment to people in community treatment for substance use, who may be affected by other health conditions or disabilities, using the Individual Placement and Support approach (IPS).
We have a new vacancy for a Lead Employment and Training Consultant (ETC). Joining our Recovery Works services within our wider Employment teams to deliver supported guidance and interventions leading to sustained employment to people in community treatment for substance use, who may be affected by other health conditions or disabilities, using the Individual Placement and Support approach (IPS).
- To case manage customers who have been referred to substance misuse services and provide advocacy, mentoring, advice and guidance and ‘employability’ interventions that meet the needs of individual customers in order to progress them in to employment and sustained employment.
- Support the Service Manager in driving key performance objectives of individuals and teams.
- Ensuring observations are completed within the required timescales, detailed caseload reviews are carried out, supporting and develop staff within the office to achieve their own targets.
- Deliver training/information sessions to ETC’s / Recovery Mentors as required, run team meetings in the absence of the service manager, deal with customer complaints, ensure monthly performance is recorded and a high level of attention to detail is used to ensure minimum errors.
- Ensure that there is rigorous adherence to contract compliance and that robust checks are carried out on the information inputted (CRIS); and train staff where needed to ensure information is correct.
- Deliver both one to one and group activities as part of customer interventions including initial assessments, inductions, and personal development and job search sessions.
- Identify individual lifestyle and learning needs.
- Abide by and ensure high level of data security.
- Identify and break down the barriers each unemployed customer presents.
- Refer to internal and external agencies, courses and agencies to progress the customer.
- Plan training and other interventions for each customer.
- Develop regular interaction with the customers both face to face, telephone, email and text.
- Enable customers to access computers to support with job search.
- Record discussions and training sessions and co-ordinate further activity with customer.
- Provide support for the customer in implementing future courses of action.
- Deliver further interventions with customer as required, assisting customers to decide on options for meeting their needs and provide support for customers in planning a course of action.
- Prepare and develop resources to support learning.
- Facilitate learning in groups where appropriate, that improves self-esteem, confidence, well-being , employability and progression through presentations and activities.
- Evaluate training and development sessions.
- Report any concerns relating to safeguarding of individuals.
- Seek ways to continuously improve service and own performance and report to Manager on this.
- Networking, marketing and promotion of service to partner organisations and customers.
- Record and Update information on (CRIS) and achieve high standards of compliance.
- Participate in other activities that support the work of the team and Work Solutions.
- NVQ level 4 in Advice & Guidance, or equivalent and be willing to work towards appropriate qualifications as required.
- The ability to work under pressure in a high performance environment.
- Well-developed IT skills, including MI systems, spreadsheets, diaries and email.
- Ability to work to Key performance indicators and challenging targets.
- Administration, strong accuracy, numeracy and literacy.
- Ability to network and promote the organisation, Strong integrity and data security.
- Time management, problem solving and strong organisation skills.
- Working with customers in treatment for substance misuse and/ or disaffected and marginalized from mainstream services, training, guidance, advice & counselling environments.
- Knowledge in relation to the issues affecting people in recovery from alcohol and drug addiction (5 Ways to Wellbeing i.e. Give, Be Active, Learn, Connect, Take Notice.
- Excellent knowledge of the local labour market, methods of recruitment and growth industries.
- Good knowledge of welfare to work and the customer base.
- Treatment and health providers, National Probation Services, HM Prison environments of training, education & employment opportunities locally & nationally.
- A warm, approachable empathetic style and the ability to establish a rapport and build relationships with customers in recovery from alcohol or drug addiction.
- Ability to understand, demonstrate and apply GC values: Make a positive difference, Stronger together, Empower people, Do the right thing, Build on success.