Lead Employment Specialist
West Yorkshire | Humankind
Fixed term contract
Deadline: 25th October 2021
“When you choose to join us, you’re choosing more than just a job…. you’re choosing to make a difference”
Humankind is a national charity delivering services for adults and young people which include substance misuse, peer support, carers, LGBT+, housing and support alongside employment and skills services. We are excited to be a part of the IPS Scheme having services in Cumbria, Leeds, South Tyneside & Gateshead.
Vital to the role is understanding the importance of good employment and the role it can play in the lives of those facing multiple challenges, as well as being able to work with a range of employers to seek and establish quality routes into employment.
The Employment Specialist Lead will manage a team of two Employment Specialists alongside the management and operational delivery of the scheme which will include overseeing the budget, strategic relationships, pathways development, employer partnerships and ensuring the contract meets key performance indicators, under the direction of the local Area Manager.
- Effectively manage a high-quality service that adheres to the principles of IPS best practice, managing a small caseload of between 10-15 clients at any one time.
- Create a culture of continuous improvement.
- Identify the training needs of staff and arrange appropriate training to support with continuous professional development.
- Support the design and delivery of in-house staff training and development (including facilitating peer learning and best practice).
- Involve service users in co-production of service developments where possible.
- Educated to a degree level or equivalent experience.
- Proficient in Microsoft Outlook Office programmes.
- Ability to extract, analyse and report on management information.
- Ability to model recovery focused practice including co-production.