From November 2020 the name of the Trust changed from Worcestershire Health and Care NHS Trust, to Herefordshire and Worcestershire Health and Care NHS Trust to better reflect our geography and service delivery across both counties.
Our Trust is a great place to work and we are keen to ensure that all our employees have the right values in order that we can provide the best service to our patients. These values are very important to us, and as a potential candidate you should be made aware that we test for these throughout the whole assessment/recruitment and selection process, and will only interview and recruit individuals who demonstrate these values through their application and behaviour.
Herefordshire and Worcestershire Health and Care NHS Trust is a national Centre of Excellence for its Individual Placement and Support (IPS) service with the Centre of Mental Health, helping people who have experienced mental ill health into employment. Incorporated within its IPS team, an Employment Retention (ER) service works with people off sick from work, or in work but struggling. Employment is seen as an important element of mental health recovery and the ER workers are fully integrated into the Trust’s mental health teams. The post holder will be responsible for the management of part of the Trust Employment Services Team for both IPS and Employment Retention Workers working in partnership with the existing team coordinator. The post holder should be committed to the principles of IPS and Employment Retention work.
- Behave consistently with the values and beliefs of the organisation and promote these on day to day basis.
- Act as a role model to colleagues, always seeking to maintain the highest standards of professionalism.
- Use their initiative and take responsibility for themselves and the quality of their work and the service they provide to patients.
- Lead, develop and supervise the countywide Mental Health Supported Employment service comprising Individual Placement and Support (IPS) and Job Retention teams to achieve agreed commissioned outcomes.
- Liaise with the clinical leads, psychiatrists and care co-ordinators to develop close working mechanisms for providing a seamless supported employment service to mental health service users.
- Manage a reduced individual caseload of employment referrals focusing on more complex cases and co-working these, as required , with team members.
- Provide specialised advice, information and support regarding mental health employment to clinical mental health teams and external employers.
- Support the development of IPS through leading higher level liaison within the Trust and with external organisations including local employers , the Department of Work and Pensions and their contractors
- Put patient care at the heart of the work you do to improve healthcare outcomes and service
- Deliver the highest standards and quality outcomes possible.
- Be the best you can be, always look for ways to improve and develop to reach your potential.
- Encourage others to develop themselves and the service through improvement, innovation
and continuous development.
- Joint working with others, e.g. patients, colleagues in the delivery of high quality healthcare.
The above list of responsibilities and personal criteria is not exhaustive please see the job description and personal specification for more detail.