IPS Team Leader
The opportunity to change minds. The power to change lives.
As a Team Leader you will manage a team of Employment Specialists providing supervision, training, caseload management, and role modelling of the Individual Placement and Support (IPS) approach, as part of the holistic recovery plan for mental health service users. The Team Leader will provide a pivotal role in managing a high-quality service that meets fidelity standards and delivers positive outcomes for service users. You will work with clients (manage a small caseload) who have mental health support needs, who are unemployed, to assist them in securing sustainable paid employment in line with their preferences.
- Effectively manage a high-quality service that adheres to the principles of IPS best practice.
- Monitor and manage performance of the IPS Employment Specialists – guide them individually on best practice and achieving individual and team job outcome targets.
- Create a culture of continuous improvement.
- Identify training needs of staff and arrange appropriate training to support with continuous professional development.
- Support the design and delivery of in-house staff training and development (including facilitating peer learning and best practice).
- Involve IPS client in co-production of service developments where possible.
- Coordinate the work of Employment Specialists in a region in relation to building relationships with employers to effectively access the hidden labour market, external agencies and delivery of job seeking groups.
- Manage the IPS service budget and analysis of service value.
- Lead the team to ensure Employment Specialists spend enough time in face to face meetings with employers to find the right job match.
- Guide, mentor and coach the team to deliver on employment engagements/job development strategies.
Employment Specialists, Service Managers, HR, Occupational Health, Clinical Teams, User Groups, Voluntary Sector and Trust Training and Supported Employment Schemes, Local Colleges, Local Employment Service Disability Service Teams, Local Employers and other NHS User Employment Schemes, Commissioners.
Who we’re looking for
- Educated to degree level or equivalent experience.
- 3+ years’ experience of working with people with mental health support needs, or a similar group within health, social services or the voluntary sector.
- 2+ years’ experience working in employment services.
- Proven experience of meeting and exceeding outcomes and targets.
- The ability to network and build strong relationships.
- Experience of staff supervision, management and/or mentoring.
- Knowledge of disability and special needs issues, policies and legislation in relation to employment.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Excellent motivational, communication and listening skills.
- Experience delivering a service using the IPS model is desired.
Why join us?
Together, we can create a more inclusive society and transforming the lives of people living with mental health and/or drug and alcohol treatment needs. Become part of someone’s recovery journey through managing a small caseload and supervising a team of Employment Specialists.