Would you like to work for a leading mental health charity?
Do you want a rewarding career where you can make a real difference to someone’s life?
If yes, join us here at Rethink Mental Illness.
We have exciting opportunity at our Warwickshire IPS Employment service, where you will join our friendly and inspiring team as a IPS Employment Specialist. Your role will be a permanent position working full time, 37.5 hours per week with a mixture of community and home working.
You will be integrated into the NHS team to provide employment support for people experiencing severe mental illness with the aim of gaining employment. You will attend 6 meetings per week with local employers to build relationships and engage them regarding our service, in the above locations.
In addition, you will meet your clients each week to provide them with face-to-face support. Key to this role will also be to undertake administration duties such as producing letters, spreadsheets, and keeping various systems up to date. As part of the role, you will receive Care Notes training from the NHS which will be made up of a series of 10 online sessions and a final assessment.
- Manage a caseload of between 20-30 service users at any one time who are currently off work / unemployed, receiving specialist mental health services and who wish to return to work.
- Build relationships with clinical teams to generate referrals and create a collaborative working partnerships with NHS clinicians where employment support is integrated into mental health treatment.
- Build a multi-disciplinary approach to the return to work. For example, involve clinical staff (where relevant) in managing symptoms at work, liaise with DWP and other stake holder groups.
- To prepare individuals for a return to work by supporting service users to understand their skills, aspirations and goals through vocational profiling and action planning.
- A basic understanding of IPS (Individual Placement Support) gained through experience or self-conducted research.
- Experience in recruitment or employment along with advice and guidance on employment needs
- Ability to engage with employers and build close, trusting, and productive relationships with people
- Good understanding of the local area and it’s employer
The above list of responsibilities and personal criteria is not exhaustive please see the job description and personal specification for more detail.