Maximus UK, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Maximus, Inc., operates several business lines in the UK, including the Centre for Health and Disability Assessments, Remploy, Health Management and Revitalised. Maximus UK employs 3,800 local staff, including over 1,400 doctors, nurses, occupational therapists and other Healthcare Professionals. Operating from more than 270 locations across England, Scotland and Wales, Maximus UK is one of the largest providers of employment, health and disability support programmes in the country. Learn more at maximusuk.co.uk.
Embedding delivery with Primary Care and Community Health Teams, you will be delivering employment support to clients in parallel to the health treatment being delivered by NHS clinicians. Working towards a caseload of 20 clients who have a health condition which impacts on their ability to gain work, assisting them to obtain and sustain employment that is consistent with their vocational goals, following the principles of IPS. Meeting and exceeding performance targets for referrals, employer engagement, job starts and sustainment, in compliance with contractual guidelines and quality procedures.
- Build relationships with clinical teams to generate referrals and create a collaborative working partnerships with NHS clinicians.
- Where appropriate, attend weekly meetings with clinical teams and communicate with team members to integrate vocational services into health treatment processes.
- Support candidates to understand their skills, aspirations and goals through the completion of a Vocational Profile and produce an Action Plan to obtain and sustain competitive employment in line with their preferences.
- Assisting clients to understand their benefits through the delivery of In Work Benefit calculations and sourcing additional financial support.
- Source job opportunities for clients through tailored job search and regular contact with employers .
- To develop effective working relationships with a range of external agencies who might be better able to help individuals to achieve their employment goals for example, local colleges, training providers and external supported employment services.
- Promote the benefits of supporting service users to access employment within Remploy and external employers, aiming to raise the profile of IPS services and raise expectations around the ability of service users to access paid employment
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to adapt to a wide range of communication and learning styles.
- High level of optimism, initiative and effective interpersonal skills in order to engage effectively with service users, clinical teams and employers.
- Influencing skills that promote commitment and action.
- Customer focused with a strong commitment to client care.
- Disability Capability with demonstrable experience of supporting clients with mental ill health and other health conditions and disabilities.
- Strong team player with a positive and flexible approach to both work and colleagues.
- Creative problem solving skills and a positive approach to challenging and overcoming limiting beliefs.
- Ability to plan and organise workload to meet required targets and deadlines.
- Experience of people development on a one to one basis
The above list of responsibilities and personal criteria is not exhaustive please see the job description and personal specification for more detail.