Maximus UK, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Maximus, Inc., operates several business lines in the UK, including the Centre for Health and Disability Assessments, Remploy, Health Management and Revitalised. Maximus UK employs 3,800 local staff, including over 1,400 doctors, nurses, occupational therapists and other Healthcare Professionals. Operating from more than 270 locations across England, Scotland and Wales, Maximus UK is one of the largest providers of employment, health and disability support programmes in the country. Learn more at maximusuk.co.uk.
Under the supervision of the IPS Team Manager, you will manage a caseload of up to 25 people who have experienced mental health challenges who wish to return to paid employment.
- Motivating and supporting a caseload of service users to access and sustain paid employment. This will include enabling service users to identify their best job match, approaching employers, and providing effective in work support to both the service user and employer where appropriate.
- Working within Multi-Disciplinary Teams in secondary mental health services to achieve these aims.
- Implementing evidenced-based employment practice, with a commitment to the Individual Placement and Support (IPS) model fidelity and practice.
- Raising the profile and importance of access to paid employment services within clinical teams and across local employment agencies.
- Raising the awareness of, and literacy surrounding, Recovery within the team and service locally, to have positive impact on the culture of contemporary mental health services.
- Building effective working relationships with local training providers, local colleges and external employers to secure paid employment and education opportunities for people who have experienced mental health problems. This will often involve job carving and developing opportunities in the hidden labour market.
- Providing on-going support according to both the employee’s and employer’s needs to enable people who have experienced mental health difficulties to gain and retain employment.
- Building the profile of employment within the clinical team, and raising expectations around the ability of service users to access paid work.
- Implementing strategies to increase access to paid employment for the whole population attached to a clinical team e.g. via workshops, employment surgeries and partnerships with external employment agencies as required.
- Keeping accurate records of work in line with Remploy’s GM WWSES policies and procedures.
- Experience working with employers to develop job opportunities for clients, and to support them whilst in work
- Attention to detail and ability to work to a defined delivery structure
- Able to work flexible hours and travel through prior arrangement as the needs of the job dictate
- Self- motivated and ability to work remotely.
- Holds Level 3 Diploma in Employability Services Sector qualification (desired)
- Holds Mental Health First Aid Qualification (desired)
- Trained in the IPS approach (deisred)
The above list of job responsibilities and person specification is not exhaustive. Please see the full job remit here.