Team Leader Training
- Duration: 4 days
- Format: Delivered virtually
- Learning cost : Free
Who is the course for?
This course is designed for new IPS Team Leaders or those in a role with supervisory responsibilities for IPS Employment Specialists. The training is open to both NHS staff and Third Sector providers.
The IPS Team Leader Training is being delivered virtually across 4 days using a mixture of presentation, group work, digital breakout rooms, polls, coursework, action learning sets, self-directed learning and individual learning logs.
The training has been commissioned by Health Education England (HEE) and developed in collaboration with Centre for Mental Health, Social Finance and IPS Grow.
Throughout the course, you will cover:
- The leadership role of IPS employment supervisor/ team leader.
- Supporting specialist skills development for employment specialists and the wider team.
- Measuring and improving outcomes for clients.
- Managing culture, reducing stigma, and addressing bias.
- Coaching, supervision and support for employment specialists and the wider team, including peer supervision.
- Building relationships with clients, colleagues and stakeholders.
- Multi-disciplinary team working.
- Dealing with challenges and problem solving in IPS.
- Working across teams, services, and organisations.
- Understanding the IPS client base and assessing/managing risks.
- Evaluating impact of the IPS service, governance, planning and development.
- Ensuring client safety.
- Research, evaluation, and development of the IPS service.